The Breach Barometer Annual Report analyzes how data breaches have affected healthcare throughout 2017.
The full report includes the following:
Comparative analysis of 2016 vs. 2017 health data breaches
Trends in health data breach detection and disclosure
- A breakdown of the biggest threats to patient data in 2017
Evidence-based predictions for how data breaches will affect healthcare in 2018
- A discussion on how healthcare organizations can gain full visibility into their EHR and get ahead of the data breach crisis
Key findings include:
- 5.6M total patient records breached
- 477 total breach incidents
- 176 insider-related incidents
- 308 days, average time to discover a breach
- 73 days, average time to report breach to HHS
- Hacking incidents that include ransomware/malware seemingly doubled
Read the full report to understand how health data breaches are affecting the healthcare industry.