The Breach Barometer Mid Year Review analyzes how data breaches are affecting the healthcare industry so far in 2017.
The full report includes the following:
Comparative analysis of 2016 vs. 2017 health data breaches
Trends in health data breach detection and disclosure
- A breakdown of the biggest threats to patient data
Evidence-based predictions for how health data breaches will continue through the remainder of 2017
Key findings include:
- 3.16M Total patient records breached
- 233 Total breach incidents
- 325.6 days, average time it took to discover a breach
- 57 days, the average time it took to report breach incident to HHS
- Insider breach incidents occurred 28% more than hacking incidents
Read the full report to understand how health data breaches are affecting the healthcare industry.